Service User Group – 5 units
1 x 3 bedroom wheelchair flat 2 x 2 bedroom wheelchair flat 9 x 1 bedroom flats
1 x 3 bedroom flat
2 x 2 bedroom flat
Description of Service
Balgownie Crescent is situated in the Woodfarm area of Giffnock and consists of 15 Amenity flat. Each of the properties within Balgownie has an alarm cord system, which is monitored by Bield Community Alarm Service and there is also the services of a Good Neighbour (Renfrewshire Association for Mental Health) who resided in the development.
Services/Activities provided by the service
- security of communal areas
- providing and maintaining the emergency warden alarm system
- general counselling & support including befriending, advising on food preparation, reminding and non-specialist counselling.
- assisting in the reporting of repairs for the property and common areas.
- dealing with neighbour disputes
- good neighbour welfare checks
- arranging social events
- controlling access for tradesmen, cleaners lift engineers etc.
RAMH Service provides practical tenancy support to 5 service users with a wide range of mental health issues within Balgownie. These 5 units have a 24hr support service provided by RAMH.They aim to enable people to maintain the upkeep of their homes and to enjoy the best possible quality of life in and around their homes.
Properties have been adapted to meet each individuals needs and adaptations include wet floor showers, tracking hoists, remote door openers/closers.
RAMH support and assist people with a wide variety of tasks including:
- making sure their home is safe and secure
- making appointments or phone calls and communication with services like housing, gas or electricity
- money management, planning shopping and preparing food
- getting to know and use local resources and meeting more people
- advice - if we don’t know we’ll find out for you